Oregon Senate Bill 115
- Prohibits placer mining in Oregon using any form of motorized Equipment.
- Prohibits any and all suction dredging for gold in the state of Oregon.
- Will take away jobs and small-business for thousands of people in Oregon.
- A maximum of one year in prison and a $6,250 fine or both.
- SB 115 is a takings of all of our mining rights.
- SB 115 is a preemption of the Federal Mining Law.
- SB 115 will cause state-wide takings litigation by miners against the state of Oregon.
- The enormous cost to the state defending SB 115 will be prohibitive.
Oregon Senate Bill 370
- Division of State Lands (DSL) to issue commercial placer mining permits.
- Since all gold has a commercial value, this bill is not clear about which mining activities are “commercial.”
- Imposes permit fee of $125 per year on placer mining on Federal state and private land.
- Failure of miners to get permits are: 30 days in prison and $1,250 fine or both.
- Prohibitive rules yet to be developed by the Division of State Lands.
- Dredge nozzle size, plus other requirements are not yet laid out.
- We must also conform to other unspecified rules that will later be adopted by the Director.
- This bill will undermine substantial tourism which is allowing many existing businesses in rural Oregon to survive. It is a job killer!
- The state of Oregon imposing even more restrictive rules and regulations on small miners mining on Federal lands is to say the least problematic.
Oregon Senate Bill 401
- Wild and Scenic creek and river designations prohibit all mining.
- Covers all designated waters, beds and banks.
- Also a setback of 1/4 of a mile on each side above high water mark is an outright takings of Federal mining rights, and private property guaranteed under the law.
- SB 401 will create massive takings litigation by miners over the 1/4 mile set back.
- SB 401 would stop or curtail most building on private lands.
- SB 401 targets most streams in Oregon that are gold-bearing.
- SB 401 is an overt act by the Oregon Legislature to destroy mining and miners in Oregon.
- This bill will undermine existing small business activity in rural Oregon and put thousands of people out of work. It is a job killer!